Get ready for the Festival of Colors 2023 in Pokemon Go! Learn about the Collection Challenge and Field Research tasks for this year’s event. Don’t miss out!
On this page :
Get ready for the Festival of Colors event in Pokemon Go with this guide on the Collection Challenge and Field Research tasks. Catch new Pokemon, including Bruxish and Mega Medicham, and earn rewards like the Elite Collector Medal and Lure Modules. Discover where to find each Pokemon and their corresponding weather conditions to increase your chances of catching them. Don’t miss out on this year’s Festival of Colors event and join the fun now!
Are you ready for the Festival of Colors event in Pokemon Go ? This year’s event is bigger and better than ever, featuring the debut of Bruxish from Gen 7 and the release of Mega Medicham.
If you’re looking to experiment with this Mega Evolution, be sure to participate in Mega Raids during the event. But that’s not all – there’s also a Festival of Colors Collection Challenge for you to complete, as well as some exciting event-exclusive Field Research tasks to discover.
In this article, we’ll give you all the details you need to know about the tasks and rewards for this year’s Festival of Colors event in 2023.
(Image credit: Niantic / The Pokemon Company )
Pokémon Go Festival of Colors 2023 Collection Challenge : List in & How to find & Reward
Are you ready to add some colorful new Pokemon to your collection? The Pokemon Go Festival of Colors 2023 is here, and with it comes the Collection Challenge. The Festival of Colors Collection Challenge is available until March 14, 2023, at 8 PM local time. Make sure to catch the following Pokemon to earn the Elite Collector Medal :
- Sandy Cloak Burmy
- Trash Cloak Burmy
- Plant Cloak Burmy
- Evolve Burmy into Mothim
How To Find :
Some of these Pokemon can be found in the wild, while others have higher spawn rates in specific weather conditions or areas. Keep these tips in mind as you hunt for each Pokemon :
- Koffing is a common find, but trainers report that it has higher spawn rates near industrial areas. Keep an eye out when exploring the city.
- Stunky can be found in the wild, but you’ll have better luck catching it during Cloudy and Foggy weather.
- Wobbuffet and Natu both have a higher spawn rate in Windy weather, so keep an eye on the forecast.
- Shuckle is more likely to appear during Partly Cloudy and Rainy weather, while Paras can be found in expansive grassy areas like countryside and farmland.
- Krabby is a water-loving Pokemon and has higher spawn rates near rivers, lakes, and oceans. Check out any large bodies of water near you.
- Bruxish can be found near water as well, but has increased spawn rates in Rainy and Windy weather.
- Burmy comes in three different cloaks – Plant, Sandy, and Trash. You can find Plant Cloak Burmy in parks, forests, and other grassy locations. Sandy Cloak Burmy is often found at beaches or other sandy areas, while Trash Cloak Burmy is more common in urban areas like cities and towns.
- Mothim : To obtain Mothim, you’ll need to evolve a male Burmy using 50 Burmy Candy.
Completing the challenge before the end of the event will earn you a Lure Module and 20,000 XP. Keep in mind that all Lure Modules last for 3 hours during the Festival of Colors event, except for the new Golden Lure Modules. Catch ’em all and enjoy the festival!
(Image credit: Niantic / The Pokemon Company )
Festival of Colors 2023 Field Research : Tasks & Rewards
If you’re a Pokemon Go player and happen to spin PokeStops during the Festival of Colors event, you might be lucky enough to get an exclusive Field Research task. Completing these tasks will earn you some exciting rewards, including rare Pokemon encounters.
Here is a list of the tasks and their corresponding rewards :
- Catch 5 different species of Pokemon : Complete this task, and you will get a chance to encounter Castform, Sunny Form Castform, Rainy Form Castform, or Snowy Form Castform.
- Catch 8 different species of Pokemon : If you manage to catch eight different species of Pokemon, you will earn a chance to encounter Plant Cloak Burmy, Sand Cloak Burmy, or Trash Cloak Burmy.
- Catch 10 different species of Pokemon : For this task, you need to catch ten different species of Pokemon to earn a chance to encounter Baile Style Oricorio, Pom-Pom Style Oricorio, Pa’u Style Oricorio, or Sensu Style Oricorio. The type of Oricorio you will encounter depends on which region of the world you are in.
- Catch 15 Pokemon : By catching 15 Pokemon, you will earn a chance to encounter an Alolan Grimer.
For the Oricorio reward , the type of Oricorio encounter you will get depends on the region you are located in. If you are in Europe, the Middle East, or Africa, you will get a chance to encounter Baile Style Oricorio.
The Americas provide Pom-Pom Style Oricorio encounters, while the African, Asian, Pacific, and Caribbean Islands offer Pa’u Style Oricorio encounters. Finally, if you are in the Asia-Pacific region, you can get a chance to encounter Sensu Style Oricorio.
Completing these tasks will not only earn you some exciting Pokemon encounters but also a new Elite Collector Medal.